Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Internship at Holos Institute

I have begun my psychotherapy internship at Holos Institute (http://www.holosinstitute.net). Holos is an organization that offers counseling to individuals, couples, families and children. While the therapists in residence use different modalities, tools and theories during their sessions with clients, all share a common interest and passion in ecopsychology, shamanism, and transpersonal psychology. Below I have pasted in my bio that introduces me on the site. For more information, you can contact me through the link on the Holos site, or email me at rebirthmidwife@gmail.com.

"I bring to our journey together a heart based empathy, contained within a non-judgemental space. I consider myself a pragmatic mystic, and believe that whatever you are going through, it has its place in the grand scheme of things. At the same time, I provide down to earth counseling, enabling you to connect with yourself, your relationships, and to thrive in your daily life.

My goal is to enable you to contact, work with and ultimately allow for the wounded-ness of your own heart. I believe that compassionate witnessing of our pain brings room for joy and healing. Challenges that I am particularly skilled in encountering are: depression, grief and loss, sexuality and LGBTQ issues, relationships, parenting, transitions, trauma, life path, substance use, shadow work and ecological anxiety.

I grew up in a small conservative town, and have since lived the majority of my adult years in sub-culture artistic communities. As a result, I possess the ability to relate to folks from all walks of life and of all ages. I encourage complete self expression, including that which embraces alternative life styles and unconventional career choices. I have 15 years of experience as a teacher and child care provider, so I particularly welcome parents, families, adolescents and children. Whether you are an outlaw, in-law, artist, wallflower, or everyday Joe, I am curious and excited to get to know you.

Using the modalities of gestalt, psychosynthesis, meditation/mindfulness and somatic (body) exploration, I ground emotional opening with compassion and sacred irreverence. I offer the use of tarot, astrology, and flower essence recommendations as enrichment for your process. As a result of our work together, you may also experience more interconnectedness to nature, humanity, animals, the collective unconscious and the cosmos.

Sessions include animal assisted therapy with Leo, my canine companion."




No comments: